By David W. Dunlop, Jo. M. Martins
Read or Download An International assessment of health care financing: lessons for developing countries, Volume 34 PDF
Similar international books
The Routledge foreign guide of study on instructing pondering is a complete consultant to analyze on instructing pondering. instructing considering is vital to starting to be a extra winning economic climate, is required for elevated democratic engagement and is paramount for the wellbeing and fitness of people confronted with the complexity of a globalised global.
The essays during this quantity discover the hot energy struggles created in China, Taiwan, and Hong Kong via info expertise. The individuals study the interplay among the improvement of data applied sciences and social good judgment at the one hand and strategies of unification and fragmentation at the different.
This monograph is essentially addressed to the matter of avoidance, noncompliance or defiance of tasks regarding foreign organiza tions by way of individuals and nonmembers. Structurally, it's a survey of the practices of uncooperative participants and nonmembers set opposed to a common assertion of the norms of overseas businesses.
- Solar Polarization: Proceedings of an International Workshop held in St. Petersburg, Russia, 8–12 May, 1995
- Digital Information Processing and Communications: International Conference, ICDIPC 2011, Ostrava, Czech Republic, July 7-9, 2011, Proceedings, Part II
- Imaging and Manipulating Molecular Orbitals: Proceedings of the 3rd AtMol International Workshop, Berlin 24-25 September 2012
- Digital Heritage: Third International Conference, EuroMed 2010, Lemessos, Cyprus, November 8-13, 2010. Proceedings
- Computational Collective Intelligence. Technologies and Applications: 4th International Conference, ICCCI 2012, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, November 28-30, 2012, Proceedings, Part II
- UbiComp 2002: Ubiquitous Computing: 4th International Conference Göteborg, Sweden, September 29 – October 1, 2002 Proceedings
Additional info for An International assessment of health care financing: lessons for developing countries, Volume 34
Schieber, George, and Jean-Pierre Poullier. 1989. " Health Care Financing Review. Annual Supplement. , and others. 1992. " Health Care Financing Review 13 (Summer). Schultz, T. 1968. Agricultural and Economic Development. Chicago: University of Chicago Press. United States, Department of Health and Human Services. 1989. " Health Care Financing Review, 1989 Annual Supplement. Baltimore, Md. Vogel, Ronald. 1990. Health Insurance in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Survey and Analysis. World Bank Staff Working Paper 476.
56 for Uganda. 17 for Brazil as of 1974 (Musgrove 1983:24557). Although the studies cited do not represent a fully comprehensive review, they suggest that health care spending in developing countries in an aggregate sense is probably elastic with respect to income over the range of observations available. This similar finding in three regions of the world lends support to Newhouse's (1977) observation that health care is a luxury good. As Musgrove (1983:253) has pointed out, Total health care spending is a normal good, with an income elasticity declining toward one, but private health care is a luxury relative to publicly-provided free or subsidized care.
Similar declines were also reported in Africa (Vogel 1990), the Caribbean, and Latin America (Musgrove 1987, 1988). These empirical findings about the relationship between health spending and income can be of assistance in designing health insurance financing in developing countries. They suggest, for example, that market segmentation is warranted for the benefit packages going to the more and the less affluent members of society. Cross-subsidization between the more and less affluent is also possible.
An International assessment of health care financing: lessons for developing countries, Volume 34 by David W. Dunlop, Jo. M. Martins